Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A Dress I Sewed, Plus Clothes Reviews

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Album link here.

    I sewed Sara a fancy dress, and as such, I offer pictures.

    Also, a summer of piano teaching has afforded me three new AG outfits: the Petals and Plaid, the Tunic outfit, and Kirsten's coat. Lots of pictures, lots of reviews. Go see!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a beautiful dress you made! Even before you commented, I was going to say that yes, it matches her beautiful hair. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Thanks for the reviews (and congrats on the purchases!). The coat DOES look lovely, agh! Great shots of it, though; I think that's the first real detailed look I've seen on the coat set, and definitely the first of the inside of the bonnet; I didn't even know there was lace there.

    (I guess the outfit COULD go on the Christmas list, but it's a little early...)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *AG4Ever*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those dresses are so beautiful! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    All the outfits are very nice and look good on Sara, Kirsten and Jess. I like the gown you made! The elegance of the beautiful shiny blue material is just perfect for Sara.
    Thanks for the pictures and reviews!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2006
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The outfits look adorable on your girls!! I have been eyeballing the petals & plaid set.

    I have a question for you about Sara. Did you re-root her hair with blue hair, or did you get her that way? Is it hard to do?
    My niece would KILL to have a doll with colored hair like that [img]cool.gif[/img] .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! Good job on Sara's new dress! Are you planning to make AG sewing a regular hobby? What other projects do you have in mind?

    I also really liked how the Petals & Plaid and the Tunic Outfits looked on Sara and Jess. I think I may have to get those one day.

    But I'll most definitely be getting Kirsten's recess set! LOVE it, even though poor Kirsten looks kinda hot with it over her summer dress. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by xmaskat:
    The outfits look adorable on your girls!! I have been eyeballing the petals & plaid set.

    I have a question for you about Sara. Did you re-root her hair with blue hair, or did you get her that way? Is it hard to do?
    My niece would KILL to have a doll with colored hair like that [img]cool.gif[/img] .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sara's hair is actually way easier then that. She used to have this thin area in her wig (which has since mysteriously "healed" ... I don't know how either), and I couldn't bring myself to rewig my childhood doll or get the head replaced or anything like that. So, I bought a Manic Panic "glam strip" -- it's a hair clip with fake hair attatched. You can get it in all sorts of funky colors. I picked blue because blue is Sara's favorite color. You can buy it from a web site, but I reccomend eBay because there's a seller there that sells them cheaper. It'll need to be trimmed.

    In theory, you could even buy a bunch of them and rainbow-stripe a doll's hair.

    You can check out
    this album to see more information.

  8. #8
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Great job on Sara's dress! My Kirsten is bugging me to start on a dress and a blanket for her and the others! (well, unfortunately that won't happen tonight-I'm getting tired).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •